FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:51 am
brownie20

Originally Posted by jeanie
I did an internet search on applying for Barclays cards. I found this Rapid Travel Chai blog post stating that he got 4 Barclays cards in one day.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/rapidt...e-4-5-or-more/

I had not heard of this. Reading on Flyertalk, I see posts saying that Barclays is one of the tougher banks to get approvals with, and they will do soft pulls and close cards if they don't like the activity on people's credit reports.

So what is the deal with Barclays? They let us have 4 or 5 of their own cards, but don't like us applying with other banks?

I got my first US Air card instantly approved in April, 2012. My second US Air card was instantly approved in December, 2012. Then on Feb 2, I applied for the $400 credit after $2500 in spending offer with the NFL card and it is under further review.

Finally, anyone know if it is possible to convert a US Air card to a Priceline card? I also just figured out that the Priceline card pays 2% on everything. I wouldn't mind doing that to avoid the annual fee.

I know. Lots of questions. Thanks in advance.
i had also read some anecdotal data about barclays supposed generosity but i'm honestly not sure if it's still the case. in the reports i think the CL's were incrementally higher with each subsequent application but i didn't find that to be the case with my one and only experiment the beginning of this year. first CL was i think 10K but the 2nd dropped down to 3K or something ridiculously low. fortunately (or unfortunately) i next tried what turned out to be an expired link so that app showed pending but eventually the letter in the mail stated that no app was processed as the link was expired. after the recent reports of barclays closing accounts received during app-o-ramas i'm glad i wasn't more adventurous (and i'm still a little nervous about receiving the 2 bonuses before/if they close the 2 accounts) i do think it might be easier to get say 2 barclay cards at once than one every few months, but that's just my own theory. would love to hear what others think!!