FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Announcement: a subforum for "manufactured spending" will be added
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:22 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
So, if we're breaking out the CC spend-related threads to a sub-forum (which is a good idea IMHO), how about the other off-topic area that clutters MilesBuzz...

There are a lot of newbie questions & general requests for help posted there...help a newbie pick a FFP, what miles to use for my honeymoon, how do I get started, which airline for XXX destination, which is the best hotel program, etc, etc, etc. None of which seem to have anything to do with "Discussion of the latest frequent flyer & hotel program buzz...only"

How about a forum/sub-forum specifically for newbies/getting started (or whatever you call it)? FWIW, MilePoint has something like this and seems to work.

Sure, one can click the triangle to report a thread that needs moved, but number one, it's not clear where many of these belong; number two, at certain times there are a lot of them. Occasionally some even are moved to MB from elsewhere on FT.

Or maybe I'm just too dense to understanding the buzz-worthiness of it all!