FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Positive Word
Thread: A Positive Word
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2013, 8:24 am
rkb2530

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dicoverist
A Positive Word

I was flying LAS-STL with a tight connection in SLC on Tues. At the gate in LAS they announced that Air Force One was coming in and asked us to board 10 mins early to try and get in the air before they landed. Quick boarding, ready to go, and the airport goes on full ground stop. We wait for 45 minutes.

Missed connection in SLC, which would cause me to miss the last flight on a non affiliated regional puddle jumper out of STL. Didn't want to spend the night in STL so I went to the Sky Club and they rebooked me for the first direct flight the next morning even though they could get me to STL that night. I wasn't expecting anything else but I was then given a choice of hotels for the night along with meal vouchers. They also called down to have my checked bag held

I don't fly enough for status and I thought I was going file a claim on AMEX's travel insurance for the first time. I was quite surprised to be given accommodations for IRROPS beyond Delta's control. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that I would not have received accommodations or a favorable alternate flight if I did not go the Sky Club. I have read that an agent is one of the best benefits of lounge access. This appears to be true. One last thing, I was given an Economy Comfort seat to STL.

I know Delta causes their share of aggravation but this time they treated me far better then I expected.