FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impromptu Super Bowl XLVII DO, Istanbul, 2/3-4, 2013
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:17 pm
zcat18

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by EmpireStateOfMind
zcat --- thanks for this post. It might push me over the edge for the IST MR. Pleasant memories of watching the "Rain Bowl" Colts win in Brussels a few years back until 5am. Quick question - does anyone know if the movie theater underneath the Ritz-Carlton IST is still in operation? Easily the best movie theater in the world, big fluffy couches and drinks hand-delivered to you. I was dreaming the SB would be shown there.
Thanks, EmpireStateOfMind! Would be wonderful to have you there. This will be my second Super Bowl in IST, and indeed it is a fantastic place to watch football. Unfortunately, I have no idea regarding the status of the Ritz, but if that theater is indeed showing the SB, then we can absolutely change the plans. I will probably post on Saturday morning suggesting a rendezvous spot for any FT people who will be coming to this, so that we can all walk over to the bar together.

Also, Sweet Willie, always great to have your "blessing" on one of these informal Do's. Always fun seeing you in Chicago, but perhaps we'll cross paths outside the U.S. borders sometime!