FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:15 pm
mauld

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
This past weekend was my 6th stay here, and I have to say things have changed. My last stay was about 2 year ago and I was looking forward to the great service and experiences that I'd had in the past, but that was not to be. We checked in about 1pm on Sat, and were met with the desk staff telling us that all systems were down, and no one could be checked in for about 30 minutes. I spent that time, checking the website, which showed many suites still available, but when we were finally able to check in , we were told that those were held for 'paying' guests and as we were on C&P we would be given a Deluxe room only, but that a suite would be available the next day and if we wanted we could move into one then. We took the oceanfront room (3034), and were followed into it by maintenance, who proceeded for 20 minutes to try to fix the sliding doors from the bath into the room. He was unable to do so, and locked them closed and warned us not to touch the doors as they may fall down. We then turned on the tv and found no picture, just sound. I attempted to call the front desk to get it fixed, but the phone just rang and rang. I finally got through to the main operator who also tried the front desk for me to no avail. She then suggested I just go down and tell them of the problems. At the front desk, they gave me keys to a new room (2734).
Then next day, Sunday I went down to the front desk to ask about a suite and was told that yes, I could move to 3318-- but unfortunately the systems were down again, but they would call me when they were up and I could then get the new room key. The suite was 2 rooms with no balcony, but with a nice view of the intercoastal. The next day were were checking out at 5:30am-- and guess what!!.. Systems were down again-- they did take my e mail address and promised to send my bill when the systems came up again.
As for the lounge, as others have mentioned, the spread is pretty slim, the one night I went, they had chicken wings with some cheeses in the evening--but a decent selection for breakfast. All in all, a fairly disappointing stay, especially given all the 'systems' issues.