FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:21 pm
djrez4

Programs: Flying and sleeping
I temporarily unfroze Experian.

The first application, for the regular card, went through with an approval for $10k. They cannot push the second one through, even though I unfroze completely. My PIN doesn't work either. It's not a question of two applications for the same card. It's two apps in one day.

They keep great records of calls in and were able to bring up notes from a previous call less than 5 minutes prior.

Edit - Called in again and got the Maryland call center instead of the offshore one. Offshore has the application in process or something so they couldn't help me, but she did give me a number that goes to US-based customer service every time - either Maryland or South Dakota - 866-606-2787

Edit again - the call centers have different names for the cards than the website. I haven't figured it out quite yet, but I think the regular HHonors Visa is called the Citi Hilton Visa Signature and the Reserve is the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa.

Final Edit - Approved for the second card, also $10k. Who knows what sort of hijinx were going on there, but it seems to all have worked out now.

Really Final Edit - Citi answered the phone and got me to a representative within about 15 seconds on every call. Amex now has me on hold. The world is upside down.

Last edited by djrez4; Jan 28, 2013 at 6:53 pm