FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Capital One Aspire credit card - any real world experience?
Old Jan 27, 13, 2:42 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Aleks Karamarkovic View Post
My wife submitted a claim under the baggage delay insurance covered by the Capital One Aspire card and we received a reimbursement within 3 weeks of submitting the claim and supporting documentation.

I have had the card for almost a year now and have no complaints apart from the credit limit which will apparently be reviewed at the one year mark.
I have had a Capital One card for a few years now and every horrible customer service experience makes me swear I am going to cancel it. I haven't yet but the last interaction yesterday has pushed me over the edge.

I made an online purchase - nothing expensive, $22. The product arrived and doesn't work. The company has not reponded to enquiries (have tried for a week, by email, webpage contact etc; they do not have a phone number listed on their site and googling only gets me fax numbers and non- answered numbers). I called Capital One to dispute the payment and after about a half hour on the line, they say there is nothing they can do! The charge was made 3 weeks ago so it is still recent but they just won't do it. They say I must first return the product at my expense to Hong Kong and wait and see if they respond. I pointed out that when you usually return something, you have had some contact with the company first so they know/have advised you to return it. And I would just be throwing more money away as the company obviously isn't going to reimburse me for the product, let alone the return postage.

I asked them what was the point of paying by credit card if I can't dispute charges? Where is the protection? I have never had this issue with other cards. The charge is removed and they investigate. Not so Capital One. They will not remove a charge, dispute it with the originator or help you in any way. You get no consumer protection when using this card. I shudder to think of trying to claim for rental car or travel insurance. Bye bye Capital One.