FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sneaking into 3-class Int'l F???
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:14 pm
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Sneaking into 3-class Int'l F???

Ok, so I need a bit of clarification from the more experienced FlyerTalkers here...

Aside from being a braggart, exaggerator, and a limit-pusher, one of my roommates is also an EXP on AA. He flies quite a bit, and often brags about his ever-growing insight on working the system. Most of the stuff he brags about is plausible, but he brought something up to me that's little more than dubious: he claims that he sneaked into 3-class F on an ORD-LHR flight.

How does he claim he did it? He was originally upgraded on a flight from MSY to ORD to seat 2A, and he retained his boarding pass after deplaning. He was booked into a Y seat on his ORD-LHR flight, so he had a Y boarding pass for that flight. Upon boarding the ORD-LHR flight using his Y boarding pass, he claims that he pulled the old MSY-ORD F boarding pass for F seat 2A out of his pocket and showed it to the FAs at the door to the 777. He claims that the FAs directed him to the mostly empty F cabin, where he sat in unoccupied seat 2A; he even says that he checked the seatmap several times before the LHR departure to ensure that seat 2A remained unoccupied. He says that the flight went on without a hitch and that he received F service the entire time without question...

I'm calling him on this one. After all, there are too many things (the big one being the manifest) that would prohibit him from doing this. Anyone out there find this plausible? Anyone ever heard of/witnessed this before?