FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is American the Flag Carrier of the USA? Should it be?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:50 pm
Radiant Flyer
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
It's a poor choice and it will work against them. Most have a strong feeling on when, where and how the American Flag is waved, displayed... I personally don't like it the way it is displayed on some jackets, t-shirts, to me this is not patriotic it seems more nationalism.

(An extreme form of this, esp. marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.)

They could have done it gracefully, I find the American Airlines tail design as absurd, over the top, in your face. I'm sure many in the international community will find the tail obnoxious as well. I wonder with this tail... does this make American Airlines more of a target by international terrorists? After all you are trying the brand yourself as the flagship carrier of the USA

Originally Posted by sbm12

At least from the perspective that they meant to appear as the Flag Carrier of the USA I'd say the new tail does a decent job presenting that image. But is that how they should be approaching the global market? Does claiming to be the US's Flag Carrier do them any favors? Does it work against them?

I'm curious what others think. I happen to believe it is a rather bad choice, but I am sure some will disagree.

Thoughts??

[/URL].

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jan 26, 2013 at 3:14 pm