FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Berlin Archive Thread (Prior to January 01, 2015)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:05 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I have a conference at this hotel later this year, and am debating staying on-site at the IC Berlin, or at the Hilton or even the new Waldorf Astoria.

• I'm a PriorityClub Platinum, but I understand that doesn't get you much. Not sure if breakfast will be included in the group rate, and how much it costs if not. They have an 18 meter pool (bare minimum for laps) but I don't know if they charge for it. Late check out may be difficult. I assume no club access.
  • At the Hilton I'd get an upgrade and breakfast as an HHonors Diamond, but it's a subway ride back and forth. They have a pool that is long enough to swim laps, but as I recall it's oddly shaped for not easy to swim laps. I'd get late check-out and club access.
  • At the W-A I'd get an upgrade but have to pay for breakfast. It's walking distance (maybe 1 km). The pool is tiny but has a "counterflow" machine making it theoretically possible to swim laps. It's also rather expensive, even on the January sale (which must be booked by Jan 31). I'd get late check-out.

Comments?

Last edited by anabolism; Jan 25, 2013 at 8:12 pm