FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: US LCC & AMR / AA Takeover / merger Rumors and Discussion (consolidated)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:27 pm
morrisunc

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Please - I'm assuming your an attorney and you more than anyone should know from experience that few if any NDAs where a Large number of people are involved ever succeed in keeping people's lips shut.

Originally Posted by LAXJFKesq
Yes, it is public info -- companies explore merger possibilities all the time. You will recall this is not the first merger possibility US has been involved in the past 5 years. The "news" from the article is that a deal will take place in 2 weeks. That is illegal. If true, it provides confidential inside information that can impact the stock of both companies.

By the way, noticed that the SEC investigated and prosecuted in the case you referenced. The Board Member was very lucky no charges were brought against him.

Which, according to the article, she later admitted was not true. I am sure that if there was any truth to her accusation, it would have been revealed by now. Very easy to prove as the other Board Members from either company would have the duty to report their knowledge/findings to the authorities. I will sum up her false accusation as a former scorned lover.