FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:48 am
UASPG

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by drron
And Mario you must not have walked too far from the ROS-I certainly have had more offers in the area around there than near the SGS.
During my 100+ stays at the ROSH (I no longer stay at this property), and having walked extensively around the area, I was never offered 'special' services. No offers outside the PA either.
That's only my experience.

I never had much problem around the Aloft, the SGS and the WGS.

LMBKK is more challenging, but I am now used to it and get rid of the touts very quickly, by not looking at them and asking them to stop with my hand, when I see them walking toward me. Obviously, walking through Patpong during the evening will generate more of these offers, but if you keep walking, not looking at them and not talking back, these 'sales reps' will go away.
This being said, I would love for the LMBKK building (and staff) to be moved on the riverside, like they do for the mobile homes.