FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware Rewards Network restaurants not honoring AMEX
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:46 am
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Sorry to revive an old thread but how can you tell if a restaurant will no give points on Am Ex or not?

I know all the local restaurants that accept Am Ex that I go to on a regular basis give the points, but I am concerned about when I travel.

I normally use the RN app (which I hate btw) to try to find places nearby when I am travelling and it only tells me how many points I will earn each day. It won'd tell me if Am Ex is excluded or not. I just don't want to dine at a place to find out later I am not getting the points because of using an Am Ex card.
I don't travel nearly as much as you do, but I generally check the RN listings for an area ahead of time to see which are participating and earnings restrictions. If I know it's participating, but am not 100% certain as to whether they take AMEX, I use a Visa/MC instead.