FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware Rewards Network restaurants not honoring AMEX
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:16 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Sorry to revive an old thread but how can you tell if a restaurant will no give points on Am Ex or not?

I know all the local restaurants that accept Am Ex that I go to on a regular basis give the points, but I am concerned about when I travel.

I normally use the RN app (which I hate btw) to try to find places nearby when I am travelling and it only tells me how many points I will earn each day. It won'd tell me if Am Ex is excluded or not. I just don't want to dine at a place to find out later I am not getting the points because of using an Am Ex card.
The normal (accessed on a "regular" computer) RN website certainly does tell you for each restaurant which card types you can use to get miles/points, in the lower left of the main RN page for the restaurant. So if the app doesn't, use the website. (I presume you can pull up it on your mobile device, even if it's hard to get around on a small screen?)

I'm virutally always at a "real" computer before I go dining (with the rare exception of not realizing the place I was going to dine is closed, and so I have to choose an alternate from memory), so I always check on the RN website.