FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:37 pm
RFDMinnesota

Programs: DL Ham Samich
$200 Fee Reimbursement Shenanigans!

I've been a platinum cardmember for many years and I usually have no problem using the $200 incidental reimbursement throughout my travels on Delta. Occasionally I have had to call and ask for the adjustment to be made manually because it hasn't automatically cleared.

For this past December 31st however, I had a $150 change fee that would have used up the total $200 for the year. I paid the change fee around 11AM, and the card showed an authorization an hour later when I checked. Nonetheless, the charge was listed as Jan. 1 when I checked my statement this last week.

This past Saturday, I called the number on the back of my card because the incidental fee wasn't automatically reimbursed and I was apathetically told that he would manually reimburse the $150, but it would have to come out of this year, even though he could see the charge was initiated on Dec. 31.

My current thought is to not make a big deal out of it now, but rather later in the year if go over the remaining $50 and try and get up to an additional $150 for the year reimbursed.

I would love any feedback and comments you great people could provide. Thanks so much!