FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Hawaiian miles to fly Delta? Forgedaboutit.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:00 pm
elsadane

Yes, "forgedaboutit" ... tried for 3 yrs

It's groundhog day for me - for the third year in a row. I have 200,000 Hawaiian award miles - enough for 3 r/t tickets to Europe on their partner airline Delta (it takes 55,000 miles each). Each January - for three years in a row - I have called Hawaiian Miles to redeem my points - just to be told that there are no flights. I am off from work all summer and still, there is not one single seat available. I even called Delta to inquire about which flights were open for Hawaiian miles but they could not tell me - only Hawaiian knows that - and Hawaiian doesn't really give you specifics. I am so UPSET. All these years of using their credit card and I cannot go to my home country. I even told them that I can take vacation any time plus take my children out of school, so please find me whatever you can and he said he was unable to. I am going to call back each day and ask for a Supervisor - because I AM going to Europe with my miles.

Has anybody ever succeeded.......?