FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:54 am
johnep1

I was at this hotel the weekend of Jan 12, and check in again this past Friday and am staying for the week.

Edited on 2/13 to add that I just checked in again, this time for four nights.

This hotel is really very nice.

I used Diamond suite upgrades and received a very nice suite on the 85th floor my first two stays this year. It's pretty cool to think that this was the highest hotel room in the world before the SWFC (where the PH is) was build in 2008. When it's a clear day (1 day out of 5 or so), the views are great. Some days you can't even see the TV tower.

This time I got an awesome renovated suite on 64. Apparently only a few of the suites are renovated, and they did a nice job. One thing they fixed was the clock / control panel next to the bed. In the non-renovated rooms, I couldn't figure the alarm clock out. This new set-up seems much easier. Plus, there are now two entrances to the bathroom, one from the entryway and one from the bedroom. Makes it easier if people are over.

Also, the office area of the new room is improved. The desk now faces the windows so one can look out instead of at a wall.

The lounge is very nice. However, when I'm not at this hotel I'm at the Westin Bund Center, and that lounge might be the best I've ever seen (previous best was PH Melbourne). Nothing against the GH lounge - it really is great, just that there are other nice ones too.

I had thought I'd have to try out the PH one weekend and see how it compares, but now think I'll just stay here when convenient. As a return guest here, they treat me very well.

Last edited by johnep1; Feb 13, 2013 at 3:04 am