FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phantom / false AA award availability with AA partners (master thd)
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:23 pm
MahiMahi524

AA agent having phantom LAN award availability?

Sorry clarifying title: AA agent having phantom LAN award availability?

Sorry if this is a repost, but I did a search and couldn't find any discussion. I am trying to book an award in early May from Washington, DC to LIM. QF and BA websites don't show any award availability for my dates, and in fact AA doesn't show any MileSAAver in economy or business for the entire month of May (I know AA shows only AA flights). However, the LAN website does shows availability.

I decided to call AA just for the heck of it, and they told me they showed SAAver availability in both economy and business DCA-MIA on AA and MIA-LIM on LAN for multiple dates in May. However, when the agent tried to confirm the flights, the system would not let her confirm the LAN flight. She tried with multiple days. Has anyone experienced this before? It also seems strange that there is so much J availability given that posts here say how J awards are scarce on LAN, and that BA and QF don't show availability.

Last edited by MahiMahi524; Jan 20, 2013 at 9:00 pm Reason: clarify title