FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will NOT maintain Honors diamond this year
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:05 am
Zurich

Programs: HHonors Diamond
My European perspective on HHonors status: For me there is apparently no way to earn Gold the easy way (i.e. no credit card offers available). All stays have been paid personally by myself. When I was offered 'fast track' to Diamond last spring I was happy and excited. However, it was just at that point in time, when benefits were reduced for Golds. So, as a Diamond today I feel more or less like Gold in the 'old days'. I still feel a well treated and appreciated guests in the hotel I frequent or I just stay. It is nice to be reassured to have EL access independent of the room category (I have always been upgraded to executive floor so far), I am happy with the 50% bonus instead of 25% plus the 1'000 points in addition to free breakfast. - However, having to pay for all stays and staying for vacation reasons I will not be able to maintain Diamond next year. I will enjoy my Diamond status this year as long as it lasts.