FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will run out of GPU in Feburary
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2013, 5:50 am
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
It's pretty straight-forward if you want to go into airline protection mode.

Guess what. With United, you could make Global Services with flying less than 100,000 miles, be given 1K status, AND get 6 Systemwides.

It's pretty straight-forward, you could make 1K and get Systemwides based on being given the status--without flying 100k.....
I'm not in "airline protection mode", i'm just stating what it is, not what it was. The fact remains (and what is useful information currently) is that the instruments, outside of the exemption mentioned by Wine Country) are awarded on basis of mileage hurdles. The language is clear - speaking of miles, not status. Even the status benefits chart mentions "eligibility", leaving UA the option to grant status w/o granting GPUs/RPUs.

Reminiscing is fine, but it's not useful information if you suggest that that the OP's partner will be getting SWUs when he/she gets 1k via nomination from MM match, not flying the miles. The language clearly states the mileage requirement for the instruments. The partner will not have flown the miles to qualify for the instruments.

Originally Posted by misdirected baggage
...UA rarely shows upgradable international inventory..?
Really?

I find lots of inventory as a 1k. You just need to be flexible. If you're looking for something on specific dates, can't find anything and extrapolate that into "UA rarely shows international inventory", that's sort of defeatist.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 20, 2013 at 6:39 am Reason: merge