FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket Routing Rules
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:36 pm
mtkeller

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by amolkold
That's because the MPMs for Hawaii-Europe only allow for Atlantic crossings, not Pacific crossings.
There is an IATA MPM for Hawaii-Europe via the Pacific only. (Obviously it is not possible to get from Hawaii to Europe without crossing at least part of the Pacific ) Last fall I was more successful in getting it to come up on EF than I am right now, but if you try HNL-ICN-MOW, you'll see it quote an MPM that's higher than the Atlantic crossing MPM that shows up at the top of the page.

Originally Posted by MSPNWAflyer
Is there any leeway when it comes to MPM? IIRC, PMUA had you could exceed it by 15%. Does DL do that?
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
MPM is just that --- Maximum Permitted Mileage. I don't believe there is any leeway ---there is no 15% over or 0.0001% over. If the MPM is 5623 miles, you must find an itinerary of that mileage or less to be valid. 5624 miles would not be valid and would have a fare break
I've seen DL.dumb approve routings that are over the MPM by less than 5%. However, it's not a trend that arises on every route, so I would never count on it.

Originally Posted by MSPNWAflyer
Sorry I have one more question. The rule has:

Does that get an extra 850 each for connecting in NYC, BOS, PHL and WAS for a total of 3400? Or is it only 850.

Oh the funs of planning award travel with the useless delta.dumb
Considering you get four segments each way, there's no way to connect in all four of those cities. TPDs are generally not cumulative. Seems like you usually get the largest one, from what I've been able to tell.