FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will NOT maintain Honors diamond this year
Old Jan 19, 13, 4:45 am
badjuju

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
I'm about to give up my Diamond card and Hilton as a whole. For the past few years, I easily maintained top tier with SPG and Marriott. Switched to Hilton hotels and got Diamond for 2 years. Did not travel much last year and set to lose Diamond at the end of March.

I'm back at Hilton and by the end of March should be able to accumulate about 40-45 nights - just 15 more for Diamond or 1 extra month. Not a problem.

Before I commit those nights to Hilton, I decided to call to ask if they would be willing to let me keep my Diamond status so I don't drop one down for a month and still have lounge access. The entire conversation was so frustrating I eventually had to hang up. All I was asking for was rather than drop me to gold, let me retain my status and by the end of April, I would have earned it. A request not a demand.

This 'person' I spoke with offered me gold for the year. The conversation and her general clueless responses about their own program was laughable at best. Thanks for the offer, &!#^&$, but you can't offer me something I've already earned. The back and forth was like a "who's on first?" conversation that I decided to save my sanity and end the call.