FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will NOT maintain Honors diamond this year
Old Jan 18, 13, 7:28 pm
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by skiermsm View Post
Hilton's website shows Gold T&C DO NOT include the lounge at Hilton properties. Was that a recent change? Maybe prompted by all the Gold members from the credit card?

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html
Access for golds not on the exec floor went away at least five years ago.

Some properties will still give golds (and some even silvers) lounge access, but many won't. Fortunately many more properties are cracking down and enforcing the T&C lately, and it may be because gold is so easy to achieve. I am also diamond at Hyatt and only diamonds are to get lounge access, but some properties will give my wife as a Hyatt Plat lounge access but it is not something she expects and appreciates it when it happens.

I was thinking of allowing my diamond status to drop to gold. But with gold now so easy to get, I think upgrades would be very hard to get for a gold. I have received some nice suite upgrades (particularly at W-A's).

Rumor has it all Hiltons and DT's will be required to have a lounge by either July 1 or Dec 31 of this year or provide Diamonds with a full breakfast. Getting a full breakfast over a continential is a great benefit.

And I travel to Vegas at least six times a year. It appears Trop is going to treat HH-Diamonds right. There is a $20 a day resort fee which will get waived for diamonds and diamonds will have access to the VIP lounge which has free mid-shelf alcohol and hot appetizers and breakfast items and it means no wait to check in or check out. My wife and I are planning on just enjoying the lounge for breakfast and using the vouchers at the cafe for lunch and using the lounge for appetizers at dinner time.

If I were gold staying at the Trop I would be paying an extra $20 a day for the resort fee (they are not waiving it for golds) and wouldn't have lounge access.

More properties need to treat diamonds the way Tropicanna does