FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Matching DM to EXP
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:07 pm
AA_EXP09
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Well Delta appears to be lapping its legacy counterparts posting $1.3-1.6 billion profits the past few years so I think they are fine letting the MR DMs go. Thin out the ranks a bit and let Medallion status actually mean something to the people paying for it. Honestly it doesn't seem that there could be that many DMs getting status spending less than 12.5k unless they are doing MRs. Even if you were flying LHR-USA 12 times a year, fares are often around $1,000 so you would pretty much be right there with MQDs. Seems this is targeted at $400 US-Istanbul fares MRers and the rest of the population won't really have any impact at all from this.
No, as a PROMOJP ticket buyer and fuel dumper I am equally hurt by this.
(I bought 8 TATL flights, of these I have flown 3, and 4 flights within Europe, of which I have flown 1)
I was thinking about having status in 2015 on all 3 alliances, but I'll scrap that.
(I'll maintain A3 status for my occasional AC/UA unavoidable domestic/transborder that WS doesn't serve and AA status for work travel)
DL does have a solid BE product for SFO-JFK that I like though and SFO-ATL usually has good crew service with a widebody.
(I got upgraded as an AR elite as my SFO-JFK segment was on a Wednesday)