FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Matching DM to EXP
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:36 pm
jsrdelta

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I would prefer to wait out the year to see what everyone else is doing and then make my decision. This year most of the old rules apply. I would hate to rush into a status match and then find out the other airline is making major changes.

Originally Posted by ::JUJUBE
For those of you intrigued by the recent turn of events and program changes to skymiles - it seems AA is matching DM to EXP. I've called and verified with the Aadvantage desk. For PM/GM/FO you'll still need to go the traditional challenge route if looking for status. You can request a challenge or match by calling (800) 882-8880

"Thanks for speaking with me about your interest in making American Airlines your first choice in air travel. As we discussed, please send us the following documentation. Simply "Reply" to this message, and for prompt service, do not change the subject line:
· Your AAdvantage Number: _________

· Your Phone Number: ______________

· Date of your next American Airlines flight: _________

· Record Locator ("PNR") if available: ______________

· An attached copy of your frequent flyer membership card reflecting your name, number and current status level (.pdf, .tif, .jpeg, .bmp formats, not to exceed 1 MB)
-or-
A complete screen shot of your most recent account summary, reflecting your first and last name, frequent flyer number, status level, Qualifying Miles and Qualifying Segments (.pdf, .tif, .jpeg, .bmp formats, not to exceed 1 MB)

Once your documentation is received and accepted, we will contact you. We are eager to earn your business and look forward to welcoming you aboard your next American Airlines flight."