FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:26 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Keter
Thanks! Then just for my understanding: if Air France calls the new flight number AF256A (or AF256B) what is actually present in the system? Now we have 2 flights from SIN to CDG on 17JAN both are shown under AF256 number. But if I try to get a seatmap EF only returns the seatmap of a 'genuine' flight which departs in the evening and not the seatmap for the morning flight which was rescheduled from 16 January.
A Flight Availability search, even direct from AF, may show 2 flights, but with the same flight number. No A or B:

PHP Code:
17JAN  THU   SIN/Z8     CDG/-7                                
AF RESPONSE 
** DIRECT CONNECT PARTICIPANT **                    
AIR FRANCE AN **                      0 TH 17JAN 0100      
 7AF  257 P7 F7 J9 C9 D9 I9 Z9 O9 W9 SINCDG    650A  145P       
          S9 A9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 K9 H9 L9 Q9 T9 N9 R9 V9 X9 G0       
 8AF  257 P1 F1 J8 C6 D4 I3 Z3 W8 S5 SINCDG   1115P  610A
+1     
          A4 Y9 B9 M9 U9 K9 H9 L9 Q9 T9 N9 R9 V9 X9 G0 
So there is no way to distinguish between the flights for a seat map unless you book a ticket on one of them, then call a seat map based on the booked segment, maybe. Even that would be iffy as we have never seen 2 flights with the same flight number and city pair for the same day.

Originally Posted by Keter
One more question, did you manage to understand what causes inaccurate availability even if the request is for a single airline (which in theory shall return the accurate 'airline direct display')?

SQ, AZ are some cases in point.
The information is correct for the point of sale requested. There is no difference in the availability we show vs what any other travel agent in North America can see. Just specifying an airline by itself doesn't change anything in most cases. If you have a question about a specific search, then email us at [email protected]