FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Closed My Sapphire Account & Took the UR Points...HELP!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:21 pm
dparkinson

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Originally Posted by deant
A couple of questions. Why were you running cash through your Chase checking account? Why not just pay your CC bill as a "pull" from your CU?

Did you ever "bounce" payments with Chase?

Seems like there must be more to the story. If not, then write a very nice letter to the office of the President requesting information. Do not be demanding. Tell them that you never bounced a check, you have run $XXX through your credit card in the last year, with no late payments etc.
Never bounced a payment and never missed a payment. The reason I went with cash instead of a pull was at points during the summer I was blowing through my credit limit every 4 days or so (I was planning conferences at the time) and I couldn't wait for the pull to get processed. Mind you, this only during a 15 day stretch in June when the conferences were taking place. As it was, I had to get someone from CC to call retail to confirm the money had been withdrawn so they could credit my account same day which was a huge PITA. I understand why retail saw this as sketchy and I don't begrudge their closing my account, but to close the CC was a bridge too far in my book.

Last edited by dparkinson; Jan 14, 2013 at 11:57 pm