FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Closed My Sapphire Account & Took the UR Points...HELP!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:10 pm
dparkinson

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Chase Closed My Sapphire Account & Took the UR Points...HELP!

A brief synopsis of my story:
I had a Chase checking account for the past 5 years. It never held much of a balance (if any, at all) due to awful interest rates. I keep all of my money in two credit unions that pay awesome interest rates and withdraw cash from them to pay off my bills at Chase. Chase compliance shut my checking account down because of the cash deposits. One month later, with no warning, I received a letter in the mail saying my credit card account was being closed immediately. As soon as that happened, my 155,000 Chase UR points disappeared. An agent told me once retail severed it's relationship with me, they instructed Credit Cards to do the same.

I've been advised to contact the office of President to find out about getting my points but that it was a long shot. I was wondering what tone to take in the letter...nice, demanding, threatening legal action, threatening PR problems, etc. Even if I can't transfer 155,000 UR to UA which I would normally do, that's still 2,000 in redemptions at 1.25 cents which UA took from me. Only 40 of the 155 were in sign up bonuses...everything else was in spend so I feel like I'm entitled to at least those. Any thoughts, suggestions, tips are welcome.

Also...if you want to link to this on a blog, etc. give me a PM as a heads up before you do.