FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to and Questions Concerning Connecting thru HNL & other Hawai`i airports
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:00 pm
Maui Time

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by patspal1
Hi all - new to this forum - hope somebody can help! We're arriving at OGG from Seattle at 2:35 on Hawaiian & have a 3:45 connecting flight to Oahu, also on HA....wondering what the distance is between gates (I know gates can change - just wanting a ballpark idea). Next ? is: how far from the Interisland Terminal to baggage claim in HNL? -- I've got breathing issues & am wondering if I should arrange for a wheelchair, do the WikiWiki or is it walkable? Thanks in advance!
The OGG terminal is not large. I would suspect a comfortable walk of 10 minutes would take you from end to end. You will have to go through agricultural inspection (which is a TSA type conveyor screener of bags). I rarely encounter more than a few people in front of me when I get to it.

I do know they have agents that can assist with wheelchairs but if your particular arrival time is busy it may be a 5-10 minute wait until one arrives to assist.

I am unfamiliar with the interisland question.

Have a great time!