FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUX-YUL in C: AF, AC, KLM, LX, LH, BA?
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:26 am
kphilipsen

Programs: KL Plat, LH Sen, OW Sapphire, EK Gold, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, FPC Prem
I split my time between LUX and BOS and fly across the Atlantic every other week.

I've flown to YUL quite a few times over the last few months, here are my thoughts:
* LUX -> ZRH -> YUL - I'm actually quite happy with Swiss. They fly the A330 on the route and has a decent business class layout with flatbeds. Depending on how tall you are it may be a bit tight but I feel they've got a good overall product. The food on Swiss is also pretty decent as is the entertainment selection.
* LUX -> CDG -> YUL - The first leg to Paris is the usual Luxair (Embraer or Bombardier) followed by Air France with the A380 on this route. While I do like the A380, there are a lot of seats in C so I've found the business class service on an A380 equip to be less personalized than on a 777 or 330 for example. The seats are the usual AF business class seats which are more lie-flat then flat beds.

Another option which I've tried recently is Air Canada out of Brussels (I'm not sure if it's too much of a burden to drive up to BRU), but I find it quite easy because I can fly direct from BRU to YUL (You could actually do the same from FRA). Out of all carriers I've flown to YUL, I do find the ExecutiveFirst seats (this is business class really) on AC to be quite comfortable. Since they are angled and have easy access into the aisle they don't feel like you're too tight in the seat. The onboard entertainment/IFE is pretty decent but I have to admit I'm not a fan of Air Canada's food...