FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPS policies for UA customers: 2013 and beyond.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:04 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by SFOFastAir
I know it was OT but I responding to the comment "IRROPS is their best example of the customer be damned...".

Mods can move to new thread but the guidelines are an internal document and I won't discuss the specifics. They are very favorable to the customer. Believe when I say they offer just about everything FTers have ever said they should get in terms of getting to where they are going. They do not address or change the amenities provided during IRROPs.

Because information dissemination is not a UA strong point I hope I'm giving everyone a data point to help them get what they are entitled to and enhance their service recovery experience.
The biggest issue that I have picked up from conversations on this topic is the refusal of agents to provide a reasonable range of alternatives, whether that means going with another carrier, or whether that means going with UA metal at a higher fare class. In fact, the single most egregious change I've seen discussed was that you can only fly in same fare class. So, if you bought an S fare, and your flight was cancelled, and the next available UA metal seat with an S fare is 3 days out, then you have to sit and wait 3 days to get on that flight, even if there is a UA flight leaving with an empty seat in 40 minutes, but it only has B buckets left on it.

Can you comment on how this scenario is treated under the new guidelines?