FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paying USA income, property or other taxes with a credit card
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:08 pm
GetawaysRus

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
So has anybody figured out a way to pay a 1040 ES using BB yet? I know earlier there was some talk about sending the check to your own address made out to the IRS and then mailing it in. Has anyone tried this method with success? Thanks!
I'm going to try paying state estimated taxes first. I entered a payment to my state (California Franchise Tax Board) on Jan 5th and had the check mailed to me at my home address with my name and address on it. Received the check Jan 10th. I'll photocopy it and send it along with the payment stub plus a personal check for the remaining balance of the payment due when I mail my 4th quater estimated tax on Jan 15th.

This oughta work.... And I see no reason why the same approach would not work with Federal estimates.

The limitation is that Bluebird would not let me write a check for more than $5000. So if your state or federal estimate is higher than that, you'd either have to do this over several months or pay the balance by some other means.