FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [Revised, May 2013]
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:35 pm
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by edcho

Not that I expected anything, but I got my word in w/ UA and got a reply.
-
Thanks for furnishing a copy of the response you got from UA concerning your communication with them over the new boarding nonsense.

Although the response to you was polite and long, it really did not say anything except that Smisek is not answering complaints and that you were thanked for using UA in your travel plans.

There was no mention that the new boarding process would be tested or evaluated or possibly changed.

Commensurate with various news reports of Smisek's interviews, loyalty is not a concern to UA. The message many of us get from what Smisek and CFO Rainey said is if you (over entitled) elites do not like the new boarding procedure (or any other demotion) , to hell with you.

All the changes (demotions) together with the demonstrated intransigent attitude over complaints cannot be good for UA's goodwill.

It would be nice if UA would, just once in a while, admit that some of the changes or demotions were not in the best interests in the long term survival of UA as a competitive air carrier.

The latest boarding process is but one of a series of demotions that will cause a further exodus of former loyal UA customers.
-