FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:28 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by N1120A
There actually is a renewal.
So how does it work? Renew NEXUS first (online, card gets mailed out), then renew GE?

1) NEXUS still gets you "free" GE, and its still cheaper. This is because the Canadian government insisted on the price.
Actually, this might not be such a great deal for someone who has airline status/credit card that pays for GE anyway. My friend will have to pay for NEXUS and he'll get GE free, but if he didn't have NEXUS, GE would still be 'free' (paid for by airline/credit card company).

2) That old link is basically out of date now. Anyone who has gotten or renewed NEXUS in the last 3-4 years had the full fingerprint treatment done at the NEXUS enrollment center. I got my card in January 2010 and automatically converted. My girlfriend got her first NEXUS in 2007 and had to go in and do the prints. No issue when she renewed.
Thanks. Wish these guys would keep the website updated.

So I'm not clear how it worked for your girlfriend. Does she also have GE?

IOW, if you have old NEXUS (2002, renewed online in 2007), newer GE (2008), then you still have to go do prints for the NEXUS on renewal? (Kind of strange, original NEXUS didn't do fingerprints, but did retinal scans).