FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Trial -- Suite upgrades
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:21 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I could understand Hyatt offering one or two suite upgrades as part of the Diamond Trail, but four seems like it's extremely overly generous, especially if people who fail to qualify can still use the upgrades later. It makes me wonder whether people are signing up for the Diamond Challenge for the suite upgrades and lounge access, etc. during the trial period, knowing very well that they will not qualify for Diamond under the terms of the challenge. I hope that Hyatt is very serious about enforcing a once-in-a-lifetime restriction in these cases.

ADDED DISCLOSURE: I'm saying this as someone who got comped Diamond due to SMD3, enjoyed the suite upgrades (including some that were applied to advanced reservations for future stays), and then did requalify for Diamond according to the standard rules even though Hyatt's small footprint makes this difficult for me. Hyatt has treated me very well.