FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:31 pm
EDIflyer

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
For the same class of booking, Prospero may be correct, but this isn't the full story.

If you book a J fare which involves a US domestic connection on AA metal them BA.com will book you on the BA codeshare and sometimes this books into I even if it is a 2-class plane. Business doesn't exist on these aircraft, it's Economy or First, but BA will give you Business TPs not First TPs if you get booked into I, even though you're flying First*

However, AA(.com) will book you into A using the AA code on the very itinerary, often for the very same price, and this definitely gets you more TPs!

Try this out on e.g. LHR-JFK-SEA-JFK-LHR
* on BA.com it was going to book JFK-SEA into I and SEA-JFK into F (not A) for some random reason (fewer TPs). Flight BA5704 is a codeshare for AA269.
* same dates on AA.com, same JFK-SEA-JFK flights, "correct" booking class = more TPs.

Thanks, shorthauldad - I knew it was all sounding too simple! If you speak to BA on the phone are they able to book you into the correct A class? If so is there any benefit in doing this over just booking on AA.com? So are we wanting TATL flights to be booked on BA numbers/codeshares but domestic US on AA numbers to maximise TPs?