FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:03 am
michael_v

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Today heard a new one from DL DM agent. I was trying to get a PVG-KE-ICN-KE-LAX itin on the A388 (ICN-LAX) and agent couldn't find it via search. I asked her to put in PVG-ICN first and then ICN-LAX and agent told me she was given a directive by her supervisors to not search point to point and refused to. I asked her to search via time and search via KE and she claimed she couldn't find it (despite the fact that it was the first thing on came up on DL.dumb for me when I searched PVG-LAX).

She told me she could find the MU direct PVG-LAX. I asked her to try to book it, and she said "she can't". A few questions later I find out that her manual sell didn't come back with a response - meaning still waiting. I asked her to wait a few minutes and she told me couldn't. I asked why and her response was shocking:

"I will lose my benefits and points because my call times are tracked and I can't wait 5 min for you."

At this point instead of hanging up I asked to speak to a sup.

Has anyone run into this ridiculousness?
I did not, but I would have thanked her for her time and ended the call after "told me she was given a directive by her supervisors to not search point to point and refused to".

Edit to add: if you found PVG-ICN-LAX via dl.com, why didn't you put that on hold and called to add the extra segments needed?