FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to and Questions Concerning Connecting thru HNL & other Hawai`i airports
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:29 pm
slippahs
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by patspal1
Hi all - new to this forum - hope somebody can help! We're arriving at OGG from Seattle at 2:35 on Hawaiian & have a 3:45 connecting flight to Oahu, also on HA....wondering what the distance is between gates (I know gates can change - just wanting a ballpark idea). Next ? is: how far from the Interisland Terminal to baggage claim in HNL? -- I've got breathing issues & am wondering if I should arrange for a wheelchair, do the WikiWiki or is it walkable? Thanks in advance!
Gates in OGG will depend on what section your connecting flight to HNL will depart. Hawaiian has just recently expanded to flying its interisland flights out of Gates 11, 13, and 15 (IIRC) at OGG which are a little farther than gates 17, 19, and 21, which were Hawaiian's normal gates. The latter are not far from the mainland flight gates (23 and higher) and luckily, neither are 11-13. OGG is not a big airport. Anticipate 5-10 minutes walking at a maximum at a normal pace.

The baggage claim at HNL are on the ground level of the interisland terminal. If you arrive at gates 54-60, no more than a few minutes. If you arrive at gates 49-53 (the old Aloha Airlines gates), tack on an additional 5 minutes.

Last edited by slippahs; Jan 9, 2013 at 2:30 pm