FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:15 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by aengel2
Dear LH Lurkers,

first: a Happy New Year!

Thanks a lot for all the effort you spend in responding to our inquiries! Please allow me to raise a question as well.

Just now I read that as of middle of 2013 HON Circle Miles may be acquired on flights of Germanwings, Lufthansas Low Cost carrier. However, HON Circle members on intercontinental flights in Econocmy Class are excluded therefrom.

Can you reveal the reasoning behind this decision that makes absolutely no sense to me?

Thank you!

Best regards

Alex

Dear Alex,

Many thanks for the kind words and wishes - I wish you a very happy and successful New Year too!

To your question: with the Miles & More Program adjustments which were implemented on 1. 9. 2012, no HON Circle miles can be collected in economy class on Lufthansa flights. Even though Germanwings is a so-called “One-Class-Product”, the BEST Tariff differentiates itself with substantial additional services (e.g. Meals, Baggage allowance) from the BASIC and SMART Fares. I hope this sheds some more light into the issue.

Best regards,
Isabell