FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Time to begin to say goodbye
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:33 am
starflyergold
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Exclamation Time to begin to say goodbye

Before our beloved forum drifts into total obscurity and nobody checks in anymore I think it befalls to the rookie moderator, the one who was last to join the bmi mod team, to start the goodbyes.

The bmi forum was my first port of call when I joined FlyerTalk. Not just because I was DC Gold and actually flew with bmi, but also because of the humour and fun it provided. Some of it intentional, some of it more accidental due to the delights bmi itself offered: temperamental IT systems, peculiar meals, erratic service and a rather.. ahem.. eccentric mix of passengers . Just like bmi, the airline, the bmi forum was always fun.

When I was sent to moderator boot camp before taking up duties in the Le Club Accorhotels forum, SanDiego1K's decision to appoint GoldCircle and Oxon Flyer as my "mentors" and the bmi forum as my training ground was inspired (or so I thought).

The bmi forum, hard to believe now, was actually busy. At times very busy and full of an eclectic mix of posters from both sides of the Atlantic, the Irish Sea and further afield; folks who had never stepped on-board of an bmi aircraft together with bmi shuttle junkies and ardent defenders of Mediterranean cities . A recipe for disaster you would say but in an odd way it worked.

Now the airline and its "most rewarding loyalty programme", Diamond Club, is gone and most of the regulars have moved on to other fora: A3, TK or heaven forbid BAEC . Yet none of these are like our old bmi forum.

Just like the airline I will miss the forum; I loved the debate and fun here, cats and all

Thanks to all bmi forum regulars, blow ins and confused one timers who thought that our sense of humour was off (yes we did get complaints).

Thanks also to GoldCircle and Oxon Flyer, my co-mods. As I have learned in "my" other fora, it is actually more fun moderating in a team (even with these two ).

So long folks, happy landings and safe travels wherever you are. It was fun while it lasted.

Best

starflyergold
bmi diamond club forum mod team

PS: Do pop into Le Club or TK Miles&Smiles and say hello sometime

Last edited by starflyergold; Jan 6, 2013 at 9:40 am