FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla Reload activation issues including "new" website.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:36 am
Yarhead

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
At a CVS in Oahu while on vacation, I purchased two VRs (VR #1 and VR #2) on Credit Card A and two more VRs (VR #3 and VR #4) on Credit Card B.

VR #1 had errored out during the cashier's attempted activation, so I could not purchase VR #1 (and I did not bother replacing it with another VR). So I only ended up purchasing VR #2, #3 and #4. I later tried to activate #3 and #4, but only #3 worked. #4 didn't. I first tried to figure out what happened on my own, and I think I did, after studying the receipts... seems that the cashier somehow activated VR #1, which had errored out, instead of VR #4 (which I have and got Error 4002 when I tried to activate).

So, I have a non-activated VR #4, instead of the VR #1 that the cashier mistakenly activated. I'm hoping that VR #1 is still sitting in the store, but even if it is, I'm NOT excited to have to rectify this... Plus, I'm really far away now!

Hopefully, the store will rectify this and it doesn't come to correspondence with corporate and/or needing to dispute with the CC company. We shall see...

Main takeaway/advice for you all:
When you purchase multiple cards, especially if a card errored out during the cashier's attempted activation, make sure you check the receipt against the last 4 digits of each card's serial #. Had I done so, I could have avoided this upcoming hassle, starting with a phone call in a few hours when CVS opens.