FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:50 pm
whiskerxx

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Tried to post this just as the old thread was getting closed so copying here.

I referred myself from Plat to Gold and got the points, but think I got lucky. When my Gold card was set up, it was done with a new MR account and I got both the referrers bonus and, even after I got the MR accounts merged, I still got the new applicant bonus was I reached the £1000 (as it was then) spend.

I've tried to think back if i might have done something in my application that caused it and it *might* be because my address has a house name with a couple of variants, but I do think I used the existing one. I'm also pretty sure I entered the existing card numbers in the application form.

Another factor could be that, by the time my Gold card was set up (I was not accepted online), I'd already cancelled my Plat card, though my MR account was still active, so I'm not convinced it was that.

I also got the £40 cashback via Quidco, which is why I didn't go down the referral route - that was a better deal at the time.
Did you use different email addresses?