FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA Compensation Thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004 [2013 archive]
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:25 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Homer15
I confess my poor brain is confused however about the compensation for delays. I expect there is some delay threshold below which no compensation at all is required but I can't seem to figure out what it is. Am I wrong that the 2/3/4 hour threshold marks when the carrier owes reduced compensation? Could it be that there is no explicit threshold for when the carrier owes nothing?
Thanks for the feedback, I want this thread to be as clear as possible, so I will tidy that up. But basically you get no compensation under 2/3/4 hours if your orginal aircraft is delayed. You get reduced compensation if re-routed and a bit late, but below the 2/3/4 hour threshold. And no compensation if it was unavoidable (direct weather issues for instance).