FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ways to maintain Hyatt points after 12 months? (No hotel stay, no Avis)
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:30 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I haven't stayed at a Hyatt property nor earned a point in about 2 years. I just did my annual airline & Hotel review of accounts where I go see if I need activity, for example, I better get some UA mileage activity in one of my kids accounts or they will expire

So I get to Goldpassport and had heard that they didn't expire but wanted to check it out for myself

I found this thread and this link in my GP site search

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/hyatt...conditions.jsp

which states in #3 of Gen'l terms and conditions: (bold my emphasis)

General Terms and Conditions

3. The Hyatt Gold Passport program may continue until such time as Hyatt Gold Passport at its sole discretion elects to designate a program termination date. Hyatt Gold Passport has the right to end the Hyatt Gold Passport program by providing written notice to then Active Members six months in advance. An "Active Member" is a member that has received Hyatt Gold Passport points or Travel Partner miles within the preceding 12 months. A member's Hyatt Gold Passport membership may be discontinued at Hyatt Gold Passport's discretion if a member does not record Hyatt Gold Passport points or Travel Partner miles activity during any consecutive 12-month period. All Hyatt Gold Passport points in the account will be forfeited at that time.

according to the boldfaced above, I am not an active member. I did redeem for an award then cancelled it 7 months later when I did not take the trip. However I'm not sure that will qualify as activity as I sure didn't earn any points

I don't foresee any Hyatt stays in the near future, maybe an avis rental but I'm not even sure of that. I do not have the Credit card and have no intention of getting one either.

Are there any other easy quick ways to keep this open or better yet, active.

Is there any word from the GP Concierge that says that they are not closing inactive accounts?

thanks