FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Domestic First- No meals <3.5 hours
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:48 am
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jdcece
AirTran has a premium cabin - no meals - just free drinks and snacks - they call it Business Class - more pitch than US but - it sets real expectations.

So if US sells domestic First Class - I think they should rise up to the competitors re: F meal service. DL, UA, AA

If not - rebrand the product to business class IMHO.

US has a small F cabin - mostly 12 seats on the A319,A320 - 16 on the A321. How much could this really cost as compared to lost revenue from disgruntled customers who choose a different venue?

My thought is they are selling a premium product at the same price as competitors but offering a sub-par product. Makes no sense in the long term. If you are going to do it - do it right!

Interesting post, however, US serves meals on the PHX-ATL flight, and AirTran does not. The cost of meals per unit isn't much, however when you times it by say 10,000 it starts to add up, this is why Y does not get meals these days. I have been on a handful of US flights of 2+ hours and survived with no meal service, the snack basket is good enough, I was on the PHX-MSP flight and did wish a snack was served, I wa hungery so I bought a meal from Y, no biggie really.