FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Converting Aeroplan to AA & BA via RBC Avion
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:54 am
Bluefan75

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by quank
Hey all - I'm thinking of moving about 200k Aeroplan to Avion but I'm not familiar with Points.com. Can you help me with a few things:
  • Looks 50k AP converts to about 58k EssoExtra via Points.com. Assuming I'm okay with the conversion rate, is there any other fee I need to pay to make the transfer?
  • Looks like 50k is the max transfer per transaction. Is it just a matter of doing it in 4 separate transactions or do I need to wait for X period of time?
  • Once the new EssoExtra points are in my account, how do I do the transfer to Avion? I assume it's not via Points.com. Are there any fees related to this transfer?

Thanks in advance for your help!
There's a thread in a forum where points.com is not looked upon too highly. It's not in this forum. I want to say Mileage Buzz. They charge some pretty hefty fees to do things. I would think long and hard about it. At least do the math. You could be looking at $100 or more for some transactions.

Just go tot he main forums page, search points.com in titles, and you'll see it. I was just looking into it the other day.