FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Banff Springs
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:52 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Having stayed at 15+ Fairmonts, the Springs is still our favorite. I think Orchid, Kea Lani, Mayakoba, Pacific Rim follows closely behind.

We checked in yesterday and New Year's day was a zoo. 100% occupancy. We were pleasantly surprised with 2 amenities delivered to the room. A Christmas tree decorated was set up as a surprise upon our arrival.

What is also making this stay a bit different was since the last stay at the Springs I've started swimming. I can't swim long freestyle, so I back stroke. So last couple of days I swam 40 lengths in the 32 M pool. I can't remember another Fairmont that has such a nice swimming pool.

Our friends from California joined us for the dinner buffet at the BVG. So we had a nice New Year's visit. Last time we saw them was over New Years at Disney World. We retreated to the nice appointed suite at the conclusion of the evening before they continued on their journey at the end of the night. The Supper Buffet was excellent and running only until the evening of January 5th. $45 pp, children ages 6 to 12 is half price, and 5 and under is free. The server was gracious to refill the soft drinks. Crab claws, lobster gnocchi and lobster macaroni graced the selections. A few selections of sorbet, and chocolate covered strawberries finished off the fantastic meal.. This all in addition to 100+ selections for both supper and dessert. Highly recommended the supper buffet at the Bow Valley Grill if anyone gets a chance. If taking advantage of the Canadian Costco deal, you can use the 10% off coupon towards food and beverage here.

In the spa today the hot waterfall was shut down for some maintenance. I have a feeling that the cold waterfall may become the victim if one waterfall remains closed. But the hot waterfall was filled so hopefully the maintenance is temporary.

Fairmont Fit is no longer Adidas, but now Reebok. This was the case at the Pacific Rim over Remembrance Day long weekend as well.

Good to be back at the Springs.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jan 2, 2013 at 10:58 pm