FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Aruba (Leaving Starwood February 27, 2014) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:47 pm
Minneapolis

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by 87155
And finally the internet problems, they hotel has some of the worst internet i have ever experienced in a hotel. I am a PLT so we get the high-speed for free. Spent about 30 minites trying to log on to the WIFI. Once you are on its sooooo sllllloooooowwwwwww. I am a technology person, and i did some digging it appears that the hotel has 1 DSL connection for all their guest rooms. And possibly not enough IP address to accommodation all the devices attempting to connect.
In addition to using antiquated DSL, the wifi router/repeaters are only every other floor, on the odd floors. For example the wifi broadcasters were on the 15th, 13th and 11th floors. The routers are located at opposite ends of each hallway, so to ensure you get a very close to the ocean (suite upgrade!) or back near the entry driveway if WiFi is important to you.

The wifi is strong like bull in the common areas and the beach bar area, for those cannot go a trip without checking Flyertalk