FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Points Run on AA - BRU LUX LHR MIA LAX HNL in F & J 1200TPs in 1 shot
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:49 pm
BugAlugs

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Part 3

I had asked for a fast meal and they did it nice and quick I was soon into my bed for much needed shut eye.

I was well prepared for breakfast, the IFE had broken and so I was onto the ipad

I was then able to investigate the state of this NEW First and I was disappointed to find it was already quite shabby, in fact it was terrible. The aforementioned table problem with the lip not fitting flush

The chair controls were falling apart and flaking

And various areas of trim just looked worn out already

Flight 8 – LHR to LUX
The AA 6722 operated by British Airways
08:30 Olympic time landing at 10:45 private banking time

Really quick flight and I spent a few moments in the BA CCR thanks to my inbound First upgrade. It was the earliest I’ve ever been into the CCR so it was very quiet and quite nice.

And of course the small flight to LUX I was offered a breakfast

To return myself to London I had booked the turnaround flight of the flight into LUX. The LUX transit lane was not open but security took all of 9mins and I was back airside waiting to board quite quickly.

Follow-up Issues / Items

State of the BA First Cabins
I wrote to BA and received a cut and paste response, hopefully it’ll get added to their “really must sort our cabins out” stats

Well Done / Compliments to Staff
2 BA.com well done and a note to AA.com were issued, all the staff were good but a few were great.

LHR>LUX didn’t post to my BA account
It took 8 weeks to try and fix the lost flight in my BAEC account, ultimately I needed to contact the BA rep that lurks inside the BAEC forum. As normal it was fixed instantly and I expect it was due to whatever issues the agents in Miami had in making sure I had boarding passes.

Summary
All in All I had a great adventure and I got to do some quick tourism in Honolulu, I've already booked the return journey and allow myself more time in and around Hawaii to make sure I can ‘do it’ properly.

I would like to thank pinkcat and the other regular services of the demands of the TP run thread in the BAEC forum.

Last edited by BugAlugs; Jan 1, 2013 at 3:37 pm Reason: updates