FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:30 am
bostonoski

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CherylD
Happy New Year to all! I am trying to book flights for my daughter and her boyfriend. I have found the following on ITA for their return:
Berlin (TXL) to Dusseldorf (DUS) - Sat, Jun 29
Air Berlin 6439 Dep: 8:45AM Arr: 9:55AM 1h 10m Boeing 737 Economy (O)
Layover in DUS 2h 15m

Dusseldorf (DUS) to Chicago (ORD) - Sat, Jun 29
American 241 Dep: 12:10PM Arr: 2:20PM 9h 10m Boeing 767 Economy (O)

But the only routing AA shows me is Air Berlin with a connection in LHR(changing over to AA at that point). I would much prefer that they connect in DUS.
How do I find this without calling AA(and paying phone fees)? Also, is there a way to enter a promo code(if I can find one) for multi-city searches on AA? I can't seem to find it.
Finally, is the change fee now $275? When I look at the fare rules for the LHR routing, that is what shows up.

Thanks in advance!
There are many FT/AAers on here more expert than I, but I would tell you that you can arrange or book whatever you need by phone (and sometimes have to, there are itineraries you cannot do online), but that once the reservation is made, you can then pay online. I do this all the time b/c I always route my LHR flights back to SFO via BOS and you cannot ever get AA.com to do that... hope this helps a little.